Saturday, December 9, 2017

Pop Brothers - Gulfport, MS

If you would have told me a couple of days ago that I'd be rating a fancy popsicle shop four stars I wouldn't of believed you. But here we are and I'm here to tell you that Pop Brothers is pretty darn good.

My first few experiences with Pop Brothers were somewhat underwhelming. A big part of that is that I had never actually tried a popsicle. You see Pop Brothers not only has a stand alone location, they sell via their mobile carts at all the big events along the coast. Sure the kids loved the different flavors, but I didn't get why a popsicle was $3-4. All of that changed when I finally had one for myself.

Pop Brothers has so many different flavors that their menu scrolls through several screens of a giant TV mounted above their coolers. We got, Funky Monkey (peanut butter, banana and chocolate), Very Berry Lemonade (fruit and lemonade), and for me, a German Chocolate.

Holy mackerel! That is all I could exclaim when I took my first lick. My pop legitimately tasted like German Chocolate cake. There were actual pieces of coconut in the pop. That thing was so good that I don't even think popsicle is a good enough description. It was so much more than those multicolored things I've had in my freezer three years for my kids.

So I loved mine. So my kids loved theirs. So the service was friendly and prompt. Why only four stars? The price. I know I just raved about how good these things were, but for three popsicles with a $1 tip I spent almost $14. Maybe I am just old fashioned and have zero clue what goes into making them. But it seemed a little high. Would I pay that again? Absolutely. Should you go check out the main location? Absolutely.

Contact
  • 1501 25th Ave
    Gulfport, MS 39501
  •  Phone number(228) 206-0656
  •   Business websitepopbrothers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment