Tuesday, December 5, 2017

The Dock Bar and Grill - Gulfport,MS

If you like restaurants with a water view, The Dock is a place you should check out.

I am a pretty simple guy. I like what I like and don't what I don't. One of the things I absolutely love is a restaurant that's right on the water. So the other day I found myself in Gulfport, searched for restaurants, and found The Dock. Checking their menu it looked like it checked another of my "like" boxes with simple sandwiches, appetizers, etc. 

The Dock is in a location I didn't know existed. If you're on the coast it isn't really convenient to you. If you're at the outlet mall, or movie theater, or near the interstate, it might be. Getting here meant driving through an industrial type area and I was wondering what I had gotten myself into. Once there, the area wasn't so bad and the restaurant itself must have cost a fortune. It is a massive restaurant.

We were seated in a room all by ourselves and had a great view of the outside bar and water. It looked more like a canal to me, but I guess it is Gulfport Lake.

Our server was very friendly and helpful. It did seem like wherever she had to go to get stuff was far away, but she did a great job.

While the view was pretty good, the food was just OK. Here is what we had:

Cheese fries: The fries were the cajun or rally type variety. As a connoisseur of fries with stuff on them I have to tell you these types of fries are not ideal for that dish. The cheese was also the nacho variety which is usually weird on fries, and it was. But the kids loved them and I did my best to eat my share.

Comeback Shrimp: It seems that every restaurant has started to capitalize on the "bang bang" shrimp phenomenon. These are The Dock's version and they were pretty good. Not bang bang good, but good nonetheless.

Ribeye sandwich: This was somewhat of a disappointment. The steak was slightly overcooked so it was tougher than it should have been. Steal on a sandwich is awesome, but the steak cannot be tough or you're pulling stuff out with every bite.

Would I go back to The Dock? Yep. Will it be a regular haunt? Nope. It's just too inconvenient to where I usually am. Should you check it out if you like what I like? Roger that!

Contact:

The Dock Bar and Grill

13247 Seaway Rd
Gulfport, MS 39503
(228) 276-1500
http://thedockgulfport.com

Ribeye sandwich

Ribeye sandwich close-up

Dock fries

No comments:

Post a Comment